If you can’t go out for something delicious, then why not make it yourself? I’m going to share all of my favourite recipes, from ones from the internet to Grandma’s originals.
Now, I must dedicate this page to someone very special.
Thermy is a massive part of my life. She is always on the go and is so helpful. My family wasn’t too keen on adopting Thermy, but we decided we’s give it a try. She has been welcomed into our household and I play with her every day.
Thermy is the best cook you might ever meet. She cooks most days, and is quick and efficient. All you have to do is select a recipe for her to create, and she’s off!
Thermy has many talents, but cooking is her real passion. I constantly ask her for advice and she gives me tips on how to improve my skills.
Thermy the thermomix is an amazing cook. All these recipes could be mixed by her.
Thank you Thermy.
Biggest Ever Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups castor sugar
- 250g butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon bicarb
- 3 cup self raising flour
- 4 eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a large saucepan place water, sugar, butter, cocoa powder and bicarb.
- Heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Cool the mixture.
- Add the flour and eggs and beat for 4-5 minutes using an electric beater.
- Pour into a large cake tin and bake for 50 minutes.
- When cool, ice with your favourite icing.
- Eat. Most important stage. Or leave it frozen.
Recipe from The Bellarine Family Cookbook
Bruschetta on Toast
(Pronounce- broo-shet-ta on toast)
This recipe is my favourite breakfast in the world! It is easy to change and is very flexible. You can put whatever you want in it, but I’ve written how I make it.
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup basil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- Tsp olive oil (plus a little more to serve)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 slices of bread
- 1/2 clove garlic
- Add the tomatoes, basil, red wine vinegar and olive oil in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix, mix, mix!
- Cook the bacon.
- Cook the toast.
- Rub the garlic on the toast. Add some bacon, bruschetta and avocado.
- Drizzle on some olive oil.
- Voila! Best brekky of all time!
I’ve memorized the basic ingredients, but the first time I made this, I used the recipe from http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/22534/tomato+and+basil+bruschetta.
Just Putting it out there…
What’s the best thing you’ve ever cooked?
Comment to tell me more! Recommend recipes for this page!
The best thing I’ve ever cooked is…
I’ve made these desserts which I call choc on choc. The components are- a chocolate shell, chocolate mousse, berries and mango sorbet.
First I made the shells by tempering chocolate and painting it (literally with a paintbrush!) in a mould.
Then I made some chocolate mousse and piped it into the shell.
Finally, I made some mango sorbet and served my dish with some berries. Yum!